A Letter From Our President, Rod Hanson

Dear Hospice Foundation Friend,

Thank you so much for visiting our webpage.

The Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare’s mission is to (a) raise funds in support of end-of-life services provided by Jefferson Healthcare Hospice Program, (b) educate our communities about the value and benefits of hospice services, and to cultivate mission benefactors.

Our webpage is developed to provide you with information about our Foundation and the services of Jefferson Healthcare Hospice Program to which we contribute financial support. This year’s unexpected pandemic and the resulting mandated shelter-at-home strategies lead us to share “this is where we are” factual account:

  • We have elected to postpone our 10th Annual Friends and Fundraiser Breakfast in June, 2020, and resume this tradition in June of 2021.
  • Temporarily, we have suspended speaking to local community groups sharing information about our mission in supporting hospice services provided by Jefferson Healthcare Hospice Program.
  • We are planning activities for next year, 2021, to broaden our Foundation’s community identification and knowledge about the hospices services we financially support.

Current times have shown us all touching incidents of service and extending comfort to others, a theme that’s the cornerstone of our efforts. We certainly want to affirm our Foundation’s mission to support our hospice program especially during this extremely challenging time in healthcare delivery.

However, we can’t achieve our goals without the support of friends, like yourself. You can support us by actively participating on our Board, and/or donating to our cause.

Valued support from our donors has allowed our all-volunteer board to deliver 89% of donations toward directly supporting hospice services with the remaining 11% of donations applied to administrative overhead, required of all non-profit organizations.

Won’t you please help us? If you are interested in learning more about what we do as a foundation or more about our board, please contact us at contact@hospicefoundationjhc.org. Additionally, you can make a donation by clicking on “Donate Now” above.

On behalf of the entire Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare Board, I thank you for your time and interest!

Rod Hanson, President

SUPPORTING END-OF-LIFE CARE

The Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare was created in 2009 to ensure that the Jefferson Healthcare Hospice will continue to serve our community for years to come. All funds collected by the foundation provide patient, family, and community services through the legacy of an endowment program. The Foundation is classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Hospice Care Explained

2019 In Review

0
Patients Receiving Hospice Care
0
Number of Volunteer Hours
0K
Funds Given to Support Hospice

OUR MISSION

To educate our communities about the value and benefits of hospice services and to engage friends and raise funds in support of end-of-life services by the Jefferson Healthcare Hospice.

PROGRAMS WE SUPPORT

In 2018, the foundation provided $79,384 to support patient and family services and programs provided by the Jefferson Healthcare Hospice.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Palliative Care

Start-up costs provided by the Foundation ensure all patients facing life-threatening illnesses receive interdisciplinary care by a team of healthcare professionals.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Bereavement Support

A comprehensive bereavement program is available throughout Jefferson County offering bi-weekly and monthly grief support groups and workshops.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Alternative Therapies

Alternative therapies like massage, reiki, acupuncture, and music therapy are offered to patients as recommended by the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Respite Care

The in-home respite program provides skilled caregiver support and services when patient care becomes acute or when family caregivers need a break.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Patient Care Kits

Essential hospice care supplies, such as bed sheets that fit hospital beds, waterproof pads, and skin care products, are provided to families in need.

Hospice Foundation for Jefferson Healthcare

Volunteer Services

The foundation funds a Volunteer Coordinator that supports hospice volunteers who provided over 1,700 hours in patient and caregiver services in 2016.

WILL YOU DONATE SO THAT HOSPICE SERVICES CAN CONTINUE FOR OUR COMMUNITY?

FOUNDATION EVENTS

Attending a Hospice Foundation event is a great way to support hospice services while having an enjoyable time with others in our community.

CALENDAR OF EVENTS